Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pregnant Man

I am sure this is a hot topic out there in blog land. I just read the quick little story on comcast and had to comment. I cannot understand why this is such a big deal. Yes the guy has facial hair. By all accounts he is still a woman that is pregnant. He stopped taking testosterone 2 years ago. Just because he looks like a man doesn't make him a man. I know the baby will have two parents that will love her but one of my big issues is breast feeding. I am a huge advocate for breastfeeding. I understand there are reasons people can't do it and great reasons to stop in some cases but if you can it is the best thing for your baby. Will he continue making news by trying to breastfeed. Can you breastfeed if all of your glandular material has been removed.

I am interested to hear what you think about this situation.....

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. What is the big deal? They keep saying "pregnant man" but she's not a man. She's a woman with facial hair that basically had her breasts removed. The media is talking about it like it's a medical miracle. I really don't get it. I guess the question is what makes a man a man? Facial hair? Testosterone? Certainly not a flat chest because that would confuse a lot of people. :) Is it chromosomes? Is is just whatever you want to call yourself? I don't get it at all. And I would be really surprised if she/he could breastfeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuh-razy! i haven't heard about this. but i'm bettin' my hubby would laugh is you know what off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why it is such a big deal either...he was born a woman so he really isn't a pregnant man. He is a pregnant woman with facial hair...other women have facial hair! I wouldn't think that he could breastfeed. Maybe his wife is going to do that part...WEIRD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to put our lovely town of Bend on the map. Grrr. I so agree with you. She has 2 x chromosomes. That, according to biology class, means female. you know, female with a uterus and ovaries...Nat caught a bit of this on the news and was REALLY confused. We set her straight...it's a lady dressed up like a man. No miracle here folks.

    ReplyDelete