Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I suppose I should be glad......

Little Man is not potty trained yet. No, I don't think it is because I am lazy about the potty training process. I do think it has a lot to do with his sensory issues and not feeling when to "go". I have caught him once when he was starting to go #2 and got him to go in the potty. I did a serious potty dance that day!

The last couple of days he has taken off his diaper in the morning all by himself and even picked out underwear today. On Sunday I forgot to put a pull-up on him and took him to church commando, he waited to pee on the floor until we got home.
So, today he has been in underpants all day. After sitting in the potty for 10-15 minutes he decided he didn't have to go. About two minutes later he came to me sans clothes and handed me his wet pants and Diego underwear.

Pair of underwear #2 was Cars. I tried to get him to go for a loooonnngg time. He cried and cried and didn't go. Maybe 5 minutes later he stood next to the piano and peed again.
We then put on a pull-up because we had to run an errand. It was wet when we got back. Just a little while ago I noticed he was straining so we went to sit on the potty again. We sat for 15 minutes.....nothing. He said he wanted underwear so I sent him upstairs to get some. Munchkin and I heard the ice cream truck so I asked her to run up and help him while I checked to see if the truck was on our street. What to I hear from upstairs?

"EEEEWWWWWW, Little Man has poop in his hand!!!!"
I ran upstairs and sure enough there he was with a giant turd in his hand. Poor baby, no wonder he was straining so hard. I suppose I should be glad he didn't use it as a crayon....

On to Underwear #3 I think they have Harleys on them....

5 comments:

FlutePrayer said...

I have a dear friend whose son (who just entered college, BTW) used to cry and insist he didn't need to go to the bathroom even as he was peeing everywhere. It must be a little boy thing...

Anonymous said...

At least he didn't use it like shampoo unlike someone I know!

Amy said...

This made me laugh! Boston has no interest in the potty. In fact, he SCREAMS if I try to put him on it. Oh well.....he'll figure it out eventually. I'm not going to stress about it.

Kim T. said...

Maybe you should introduce a "potty treat" of the enticing kind??? Potty training is all about bribery in the beginning, uh-hum, excuse me, "rewards."

Princess Kacey said...

Man this is so my life right now! Monkeyshine is so on again off again and I can't figure it out. So we go through Dora, Care bears, princesss, etc. and still she just changes her clothes by herself and goes on with her life. She has been making the #2 lately though. Yay! We had LOTS of poop in panties. GROSS!