Nightmare

*Do not read this post if you are squeamish or scare easily.....

I for one am not a huge horror movie fan. I saw movies like Nightmare on Elm Street way back at slumber parties in Jr High but I am really not one to just go out and get one to watch. Last night I had the worst nightmare. Now, I have been battling a cold and sinus infection for the last week or so. I haven't been sleeping well and that has caused me a little stress. I am not sure what caused this dream though.

The gist was that I was on a reality TV show where the other contestants and I had to stay in places where actual crimes had occurred or were supposedly haunted. At the first place only three or four of us made it out. The rest turned into vampires. I only got out by the skin of my teeth (haha). Everyone else had left me behind thinking I was a vampire.
I finally found everyone and told the guy at he desk that I was there for the show. The super tattooed, very pierced guy led me up the stairs where we saw blood gushing down the stairs. Needless to say the other contestants had not survived and the guy and I ran down the stairs screaming. That is about the point I woke up. I felt like I had been screaming but apparently that was in my head too.

I do not remember ever having a dream like this before. I have had dreams that have made me laugh out loud in my sleep. I have woken up with tears streaming down my face and I have had a few that I have woken up scared but nothing terrifying like this. It was one of those times waking up in the night that I had to say a prayer.

Have you had dreams like this before that you can remember in such graphic detail?

Comments