Rumors and Lemurs

Once a week I go have lunch with Munchkin. Today I was listening to some of the conversations these sweet Kindergarteners were having. One little boy told me he saw a little girl and a little boy kissing on the playground. The little girl was only a few seats away from him and told me that another little boy and another little girl were kissing on the playground. When I said "but someone just said you were kissing on the playground" she said "No I wasn't!" So I told both of them it was not OK to tell stories about people, that was called spreading rumors. The little girl turned to her friend next to her and said "You shouldn't tell stories about people that aren't true, that is called spreading lemurs."
Munchkin said she hasn't seen anyone kissing on the playground or inside either. Phew! They are only in Kindergarten for Pete's sake!

Comments

  1. And there lies the very core of my utter fear of sending my little one into the big wide world of Kindergarten!

    On a lighter note, lemurs? LOL! Yeah for playing telephone:)

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:16 PM

    I love this story. Mommy to the rescue...don't you know one of those kids went home and said her friends "kissed a lemur" today and their parents are like.....what??

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Your my kind of mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment