Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Am Unwritten

I know this song by Natasha Bedingfield came out back in 2005 but I love it! Every time I hear it I sing along and can't help but smile. I know that the end of my story is written but in between now and the end of my story here on earth I make choices, I am the only one who can feel the rain on my own skin. I am the only one who can speak the words on my own lips. I am the only one who can live my own life with arms wide open. I LOVE a well written song and this is one of my very favorite!





I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh, oh
I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
[ Unwritten lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com ]
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, yeah, yeah


This song is on the same CD as Unwritten. Munchkin keeps requesting the Chihuahua song and I gladly oblige. This is one of those songs I can listen to over and over again because it makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind to. If you are going to do something do it well!

If you're Gonna

I got a short attention plan
Can't sit around couch potato land
I wanna do all kinds of stuff
Talking about it's not enough
I wanna go to the extreme
I wanna stretch my limousine
I wanna take it way off road
Go where I'm not supposed to go

Life is music, play it louder
If you're gonna jump, then jump far, fly like a sky diver
If you're gonna be a singer, then u better be a rockstar
If you're gonna be a driver, then u better drive a race car
Cause I'm looking for a guard dog, not buying a chihuahua

I like my food with chili in
I like to laugh til its hurtin'
I wanna stare fear in the face
I wanna take it all the way

Life is music play it louder
If you're gonna jump, then jump far, fly like a sky diver
If you're gonna be a singer, then u better be a rockstar
If you're gonna be a driver, then u better drive a race car
Cause I'm looking for a guard dog, not buying a chihuahua

[ If You're Gonna lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com ]
If you're gonna jump, then jump far,
If you're gonna
If you're gonna hit the high notes, you gotta be a diva
If you're gonna play a guitar, you gotta play til you blister
Cause I'm looking for a guard dog not buying a chihuahua

No happy apples for my tea
It's hot or cold no in between

If your gonna jump
If your gonna jump
If your gonna jump

If you're gonna jump, then jump far, fly like a sky diver
If you're gonna be a singer, then u better be a rockstar
If you're gonna be a driver, then u better drive a race car
Cause I'm looking for a guard dog, not buying a chihuahua

If you're gonna jump, then jump far,
If your gonna
If your wanna hit the high notes, you gotta be a diva
If your gonna play a guitar, you gotta play til you blister
Cause I'm looking for a guard dog not buying a chihuahua

1 comment:

  1. i've not heard these before. i'll have to sit down soon and listen. i love music that speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete