Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Well! Aren't you going to talk to me?

Have you ever mistaken someone for someone else? I always feel like an idiot when that happens but it always makes me laugh later. Yesterday I was in a Dollar General Market picking up some wipes. When I walked in the door I was talking on the phone (yes I hate it when people do that too but in this case it couldn't be avoided) and I saw this nicely dressed lady staring at me. She didn't look like she thought I was being rude just that she recognized me. She was probably mid 50's, tall, thin, perfect makeup, nice jewelry, perfect blond big hair.
After I got off the phone and had picked up the wipes she walked up to me and said "Well, aren't you going to talk to me?"
Me: "Uh....yes?"
Her: "Well, how is Jim doing with all of his shoulder stuff"
Me: "Jim?"
Her: "You're not......Barbara?......."
Me: "I'm sorry, no but you do look familiar too" (trying to make her feel better)
Her: "uh....." followed by her abruptly turning and walking out of the store.

I really felt bad that she was embarrassed but I thought it was really funny. Mostly because I have done that before too. Oh well, I hope her day was better after that and she got a good laugh after she was done being so embarrassed.

1 comment:

  1. "well, aren't you going to talk to me?"

    that is FINE!

    ReplyDelete