Night and Day


or How the Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree.

This morning as we were getting into our normal routine I couldn't help but notice how different our kiddos are. My alarm went off and I snoozed it twice. Even though it was snoozed I didn't really go back to sleep. Unless it has been a really late night when that alarm goes off my mind is going and I can't really go back to sleep.
I told Bobby I was getting up and he kind of grunted at me and rolled over. Munchkin was my target to wake up. Little Man could sleep a little longer because he usually stays home with Bobby until I get home from dropping Munchkin off for school. I walked into Munchkins room and started talking to her and trying to convince her to get out of bed. She pulled the blanket up over her head and rolled over. Meanwhile, here comes Little Man. He had heard my alarm and apparently was ready for the day. He brought Micky Mouse and Moo (his stuffed cow) to help wake Munchkin up.

It is so funny to me that these two sweet kids can be so different. Little Man obviously takes after me in being and early bird. Munchkin takes after her daddy in being a night owl. She despises being in the car and has from the day we brought her home from the hospital. Little Man loves the car and takes great naps in there. Munchkin loves veggies and Little Man can't stand them. He loves ketchup and jelly and she won't let those items pass her little lips. Little Man can play for hours by himself but Munchkin wants your attention all the time.

Both think that chocolate is a food group though...not sure where they got that idea...

I love seeing both of their personalities, likes and dislikes develop. Everyday there is something new with both of them. I feel so blessed to be home with them and to see the new developing in them. I pray for them that their differences can compliment them and that they will love each other so much through them.

I have a feeling Munchkin and I may struggle with the whole morning routine in the years to come. I hope not but if she is that much like her daddy......we'll see.

Comments