Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I love technology

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the others gold.

Did you ever learn that song? I learned it way back in Girl Scouts and it still sticks with me. I just finished our Christmas cards on the computer...now I just have to order them and address all the envelopes. That is if I can find my address list. Apparently the one I had typed was on the computer that crashed.

I moved around a lot growing up and had so many people come in and out of my life and so many of them made such an impact on me. As I am reflecting on my list of friends I realize there are people on there that I have known my entire life, extended family from the last 10 years, friends I met in 4th grade all the way up to friends I have met in the last couple of years.

I may not be the best at keeping in touch but if you have been a big part of my life you are not far from my thoughts and prayers. There are many people I wonder about that I have lost touch with but think if we were to run into each other that we would be able to sit down and have coffee together and catch up. I suppose people come in and out of your life at different times for a reason but it always hurts when they are gone. That is the beauty of the Internet, email, myspace, facebook, all of those wonderful techy things that can connect us across the miles.

Do you have people you still think about even though they are not close distancewise?

1 comment:

  1. I was a girl scout, too! ". . .One is silver and the other gold."

    I wanted to tell you, I am originally from Michigan myself, though I didn't stay long. My sister currently lives in Ann Arbor. Thus the occasional visits to Frankenmuth.

    ReplyDelete