Friday, December 21, 2007

I feel like the Grinch right now..

My poor kids. One of them was in the bathroom doing a legitimate deed while the other was standing on the stool playing in the sink....making a giant mess and making the other one really mad. Especially after moving on to flipping the light on and off.
The two of them were yelling at each other making it impossible for me to hear the IRS guy I was talking to about our monthly payment increasing 150%. Apparently when we set up the payment schedule it was set to go up but so you think I got a reminder...um no. Merry Christmas to me!
It is looking more and more like we may try to sell our house in the spring to get some of this debt under control. Any ideas about something I can do from home that makes one B-illion dollars? I really do not want to go back to work until both kids are in school full time. Any one know where I can get an adjunct teaching gig without having to go through the interview process? Or, a student affairs job I can take the kids along and allows a lot of flexibility with my schedule?
We finally got a check today so I paid all the bills that were waiting and was thrilled to find we could still buy Christmas presents. Bobby called a bit ago and reminded me though what it is like out there! Traffic to the mall areas is insane.
OK, grumpy rant over. I am feeling a little less Grinch-ish.
I think we are all going to go out to dinner together and head home for the Next Great American Band. Make sire to watch!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Karen
    Not sure what your degrees are in- I have a friend who teaches at a high school and then for extra money teaches online classes at home. The online classes are for continuing ed credits for teachers. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! My BA is in Music Education and my Masters is in Education with an emphasis in College Student Affairs/Development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry. i completely understand. you can rant to me anytime!

    ReplyDelete