10 Years

Tomorrow is Bobby and my 10th anniversary. We started our ceremony at 12:47 PM so it would stand out on the invitation and so people could remember the time.


10 years ago as I was getting my hair done I saw people gathering outside the hair salon and found out our wedding was the same day as the Glendora Christmas parade.


10 years ago Bobby was the Master of Alley Way Driving as he maneuvered around the parade to pick up our wedding cake


10 years ago our piano player (who had been at the rehearsal) didn't show up for the ceremony so our good friend Mike Lee filled in at the last second.


10 years ago the APU handbell choir played in the balcony of Grace Brethren Church in La Verne CA.


10 years ago our best friends and relatives stood up for us as we pledged our love and devotion to one another and promised to hold accountable to that.

10 years ago Bobby cried when the song I will be there for you was played during our ceremony.


10 years ago Dave Bixby officiated our wedding and Lor Rihimaki read scripture. Bryan Ashmore sang and we lit unity candles.


10 years ago we had a cake and punch reception that included a swing dance lesson.


10 years ago I had a huge bag of Hersey kisses left over from our reception that lasted us 3 months.


10 years ago we went to dinner at Black Angus with my veil still in my hair.


10 years ago I married my best friend.




I look back on the last 10 years and I am amazed that it has passed so quickly. We have done so many things, travelled so many places and have had so many adventures...not to mention 2 amazingly beautiful children. We are blessed.




Bobby I love you!


Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Are you guys getting away anywhere to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!! You are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those pics! that was a great post. i can't believe your piano man didn't show. and me and jason used to swing dance! so fun!!! happy 10 years! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:58 AM

    GREAT post Karen! You totally need to match this exactly to a scrapbook page in your family album this year. Happy Anniversary & Congratulations on making such a milestone! -Kim T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:57 AM

    Happy anniversary! I hope you have a great trip this weekend! Love the post. Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:00 PM

    We have to get together sometime and compare our photos! We hit 10 this year too. It is a major blessing to be married to your best friend. I wouldn't let Aaron sing or play the guitar in our wedding...I knew I would lose it! How many minutes did it take you guys to say "I do"?? We walked back down the aisle 17 minutes after we walked in! ha! We were ready for the par-tay!

    Love ya!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:14 AM

    It made me cry reading this post and remembering how proud I was of you and Bobby as you took your vows. You were the calmest bride I had ever seen and I know it was because you married your best friend.
    Love you both,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the sweet comments ladies! :) We did get away! I have a post with pictures coming soon.
    Laura, I would love to get together to compare photos call me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's so sweet!

    thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment