Saturday, November 17, 2007

Parenting Moment Hall of Shame

Little Man and The Big Kahuna had a make up My Gym class yesterday so Angela and I decided to take them to Zaxbys for lunch afterward. We should know better by now but I think we are both Chick-Fil-A'd out at the moment.

We put the boys in the booth and told them to stay there. We could see them from the counter so figured they would be ok for 10 seconds while we ordered our food. I turned my back just long enough to order and when I turned back Little Man had a salt shaker in his hand, The Big Kahuna had a pepper shaker in his hand, the people in the booth right behind the boys were starting to move and Little Man did a nice big cough right on the ladies head. Both boys were also shaking every last grain of salt and pepper on the table, the window sill, their booth and the one behind them. They were also laughing hysterically. It was one of those moments where I would probably be thinking "Where are their parents!" Can you say mortified?

I went over to the couple and apologized profusely. Thankfully they were laughing too. They apparently just didn't want salt and pepper hair before their time.
Next time he will have to stay right with me. Grr.

4 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I love the stories you share on your blog. At least the couple was laughing- I remember being in Wendy's when Aidan was probably about 2 and 1/2 and he just up and threw a french fry and hit this older lady in the back of the head-- she wasn't laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i'm so sorry for you, but it made me smile so big thinking of the boys laughing hysterically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Dont worry! My son, when he was 3ish, yelled out the window at the lady in the B.King drive thru ..."eeew... you have brown teeth!" At least I got to drive away! Hey come check out LifeChurch.TV for a change of pace! We go Sunady at 10:00 am or Sat 5:30 pm. Miss you!

    Jenn Cady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all feel like this one time or another. Lisa Whelchel said it best when she said we should all have a bumper sticker on the back of our car that reads "My kids aren't perfect, Neither am I"

    ReplyDelete