Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ergh..

Have you ever woken up just mad at the world. There really isn't a reason, you are just grumpy and know you have a lot on your plate for the day? Yeah, that was me this morning. I knew I should have taken a few minutes to talk to God but didn't want to. I took a shower hoping that would help. Nope.
The kids wouldn't get their clothes on, that made me grumpier. I raised my voice but I wasn't screaming (thank goodness). After the kids got in the car I reflected on the way to school what a jerk I was being. So when Munchkin got in the front seat to pray with me before school I asked in my prayer for forgiveness for being a crankypants. She thought that was kind of funny.

I was supposed to go to Moms in Touch but once again was resisting the idea of spending an hour in prayer with other women. I was still cranky, didn't really feel good, my house is a wreck, and I needed to run errands. I called one of the ladies and told her all of that on the message. I know it is probably one of those days that I needed to spend an hour in prayer with other Godly women and I just couldn't do it today. Later 2 of the ladies from the prayer group came up and said after hearing the message that they knew exactly how I felt...they had all been there at some point.

I went to Walmart for some shopping therapy...OK not really, I needed to buy a mat for under the treadmill, and a cable. Once that was done I was starting to feel a little better. Little Man was so good through all of this. We picked up lunch at McDonald's and went to lunch with Munchkin.
Something that made me smile today: Someone accidentally turned off the lights in the cafeteria. It takes a long time for them to come back on. Apparently the lights coming on in the cafeteria is almost as exciting as fireworks. 75 kindergartners all going "ooh" "there is another one!" "Look!" was pretty funny.
I am feeling better this afternoon. I think I am getting past the point of being paralyzed by the condition of my house and might actually be able to face it. I have had some quiet time with the Lord and I am feeling better. Here is to a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. yes, yes, yes to all of it. i gotta ask forgiveness for being a crankypants on a regular basis.

    Good thing we're covered by grace.

    ReplyDelete