Yard Sale - Whole lotta fun OR

a big waste of time? What is your opinion on yard sales?
I love going to them and always get great deals on stuff. I however think I have decided I am not a fan of holding yard sales.
I put out a bunch of stuff today since that seems the southern thing to do. (in California yard sales were always Saturday and Sunday not Friday and Saturday. I have made a grand total of $6 today.
The upside is that it is beautiful today and my kiddos spent the entire morning writing prices on tags and sticking them to stuff....themselves included.
Hopefully tomorrow will go better. I am hoping to make enough to buy an entertainment armoire!

Comments

  1. This is funny... here's my opinion on yard sales as posted on my old blog:

    June 7, 2007 - Thursday

    Reflections on a yard sale...
    Current mood: contemplative


    What the hell was I thinking?

    As I pick through years and years worth of stuff that can only be described as "stuff" and decide whether I should ask .25 or .50 for it, I begin to wonder, is it really worth it?

    Since we moved I have lots of "stuff" that just hasn't found a home in this house, it doesn't mean that I don't necessarily like or want this stuff, but it's just sitting in boxes taking up space. So, my neighbors and I decide to have a yard sale with hopes and dreams of striking it rich in suburbia.

    The question you need to ask yourself, does anyone REALLY want a 7 year old couch, 4 dozen mis-matched placemats, a wool coat covered in dog hair that I'm too lazy to get dry cleaned, miscellaneous cups & dishes and God only knows how many crafting and project supplies I have temporarily been enthused about over the years?

    The answer, I think, is a resounding "YES!"... have you seen these yard sale people? They're a tad obsessed. So, while you're all sleeping blissfully tomorrow and Saturday morning I will be up at the crack of dawn chatting up Mr. & Mrs. Yardsaleshopper about whether or not that Santa Claus lamp still works.

    Stay tuned for an update on my earnings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment