Saturday, October 06, 2007

Is it Really Fall?

I mean c'mon! It is 90 degrees out! Not that I am complaining. I LOVE fall. I love the change in colors, I love the cooler weather, I love hot chocolate, visiting pumpkin patches, wearing sweatshirts, and cuddling up on the couch with my kiddos under a nice warm blanket and a movie. So far I have been able to wear a sweatshirt once and it was still about 78 degrees out. Believe me, it was a stretch.

We like to bring in the fall by going to the Pumpkin Patch with our kiddos. The one we loved to go to (Norman Farms) was hit really hard by the tornados last year and decided not to reopen. So, we have been trying to find a new one to go to. Yesterday with MOPS we went to Madison Creek Farms. It was fun, kind of small but they had a good selection of pumpkins along with mums and a little store. Little Man was pretty cranky so it could have been much more fun than it was. I am not sure what his deal was but he did not want to listen to me.

Today Bobby and I took the kids down to Shelbyville (that is Shelby - vul for you westerners). It is about an hour away from us but there was also a Radio Control Fly-in in Tullahoma so we figured we could get to both.

Ceder Rock Pumpkin Patch was so fun. It was $5 per person to go in but it was worth it. Our first stop was at the giant pumpkins. Munchkin got up on top of one for a photo op but Little Man wasn't interested, next we threw bean bags into tires, fed a calf, jumped off a haybale, and sang karaoke. There was also a Macgyver Hang Glider that Munchkin was convinced she was going to go on. She climbed the tower twice, Bobby and I each did it and she still chickened out. I don't blame her, maybe next year... After a fun hayride around the property the kids shared some fresh squeezed lemonade, we checked out all of the swings and finally went and picked our pumpkins. By then we were all hot and tired and ready to be in the car. I think both kids had a really good time at the farm.

The RC Fly-in was pretty low key. Had Bobby brought a plane to fly we probably would have stayed longer. We walked around and checked out all of the planes, watched a few fly, met a bigwig from Michigan and went back to the car to eat some M&Ms. It was a full day but worth it. I love doing stuff like this with the kids and I hope they will remember it when they are older with fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment