Monday, October 15, 2007

I'll admit it....I'm a brand snob!

But, only on certain items. I will only buy Heinz ketchup. Hunts is too sweet. Can't stand Palmers chocolate I'd rather have a straight up Hershey bar. Frozen veggies all kind of seem the same. I used to only buy Peter Pan Peanut Butter but now buy Jif. There are only a couple of cereals that I will buy generic like Frosted Mini Wheats. The rest of the off brand cereals taste like cardboard.
I also have to have original Diet Coke and not an off brand...and certainly not Pepsi! I think that one I am just addicted to though. :)

How bout you? Are you a brand snob on some items, all items or not at all?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Best Foods Mayonaise which is Hellman's back east.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Gotta have Kraft cheese, Miracle Whip, Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls and Aqua Fina water. I am, however, a recovering diet pepsi addict.

    Store brand items that I like...Aldi's chocolate chip granola bars, all pickles, olives (I guess vinegar is vinegar:), canned veggies (hate frozen), and milk (cows are cows).

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy generic or a cheaper brand whenever I can but I'm with you on the Heinz Ketchup. I have to have Kraft American cheese slices and peanut butter has to be a brand name- I could do Jif or Peter Pan but not Kroger or WalMart brand.
    I also have to have some type of brand name coffee-- like Maxwell House or Folgers.
    I do buy Kroger brand diet coke-- I just can't seem to bring myself to pay $1.25 or more for a 2 liter of soda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla Wafers!!!! Although I prefer the Keebler kind the best, I will NOT buy generic!!! Other than that I buy generic in most things, oh except for Breyer's ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is a good one, let me think - Tide with Bleach, Crest all my life, Secret d.o., I guess we all have our "hair brands," Food-wise, I do buy generic on a lot - but I agree on Kraft slice cheese, Velveeta block, store brand any other cheese, Totino's pizza rolls, Coke/Pepsi whichever is on sale, branded cereal, Quaker oats, Hershey/Quick, but just about every other pantry/fridge item is generic!

    ReplyDelete