Friday, October 26, 2007

I Rock! Well at least in this instance...


So, yesterday I did a pretty dumb thing. As I was sitting in the drive-thru, at the McD's we will no longer be going to due to their low score and insider info we overheard last night, I accidentally dropped my debit card into the door of my truck. I am not quite sure what I was thinking. I think I thought that it was sealed pretty tight and that it would just sit up there. Not so much. It fell to the bottom of the door. Really, I heard it hit.
I called Bobby to see if he would help me get it out when he got home. He laughed. Not in a mean way, more of a wow that was a really silly thing to do kind of way. And in a our family does pretty silly things kind of way. Well, we for got about it last night and by the time we remembered it was dark. So, my poor little debit card spent the night wedged in between the power window and door lock.
Today I decided I really should get it out. I am not helpless, I know how to use a screwdriver. I just like to let Bobby do the heavy lifting and manly things around the house because, you know, he's a man! Neither one of us tends to be real handy unless we are forced into it. But, I got the tool kit and headed out to the car.

It took me all of about 10 seconds to locate all the screws to take the door apart, a few minutes longer to take them all out, recover the debit card, and about 5 minutes to put the door back on. Since that went so well I decided to take a look at Little Mans door. Our Durango came missing the back door lock. It still locked, the lock was just missing. After the adventure on my own door I had a sneaking suspicion the lock may actually be there. Yeah, I was right. So, not only did I recover my debit card. I also fixed the back door so Little Man now has a lock that he can push up and down. I so rock! :) At least that is what my hubby texted me after I sent him a picture of the finished work! Maybe it is time to go buy that do it yourself book with Rosie the Riveter on the front!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes getting the little things done, gives us the biggest sense of accomplishment. Hey, why aren't you going to that McD's again?
Mom

Susan said...

You DO rock!! :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Next you should work your way up to power tools! Who needs to buy new furniture when you can build it!!! ;-)

Julie

silly me said...

i love it! and i know that laugh - my husband laughs it at me frequently!