Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to.....

ME! :) And I am feeling every one of those years today. We knew it was going to be a busy day with school, Moms in touch, getting pictures developed, helping in the cafeteria at Munchkins school, and meeting Bobby for lunch so we celebrated yesterday.

Bobby and I took the kids on a canoe trip down the Harpeth River, followed by lunch at the Cheesecake factory. It was such a fun way to spend the day. Both Munchkin and Little Man loved being in the boat on the water. It was pretty funny though when Munchkin would yell out "shallow!" Bobby and I were out of the boat dragging it quite a bit because the weather has been so dry.
We saw lots of little turtles, a couple of fish, and even a dead deer floating in the water. That was nice to explain to the kids. We were pretty convinced our canoe would be retired after us. I got a nice picture of Bobby bailing water out of the boat.
Yeah for birthdays and getting to do fun things!

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!

    (belated. and btw, you have the same birthday as my mother in law!)

    and yuck on the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I loved the phrase that Bobby coined,"Great Moms think alike!" Seriously, I'm very happy that you had a good time and no injuries.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Glad you had a great day! I still want to take you to lunch!:)Ang

    ReplyDelete