Time

"Our sons and daughters will be grown so quickly and these days at home together will be nothing but a distant memory. Let's make the most of every moment." Parenting Isn't for Cowards. Pg 17

Look carefully then how you walk...making the most of the time. Ephesians 5:15-16 RSV

This little lesson came out of one of those little daily calendars that my sweet mother in law got me a couple of years ago. It sits in our bathroom and gets perused frequently. This really struck me tonight after a full day of hanging out with my kiddos. There are days when they watch too much tv and I spend way too much time online. Those are the days when the lesson above really hits me square in the heart. At the end of the day I think about what I have not accomplished, what precious time with my babies has slipped away. They are only little once and then it is gone.

Days like today are ones to be cherished though. Outside of Munchkin throwing her brother to the floor to get to the tv we had a fantastic day. We played outside throwing little monster snaps leftover from last night, played make believe with the little kitchen, went out to dinner together as a family and shared a big ice cream sundae, played tennis together as a family in the rain, and then came home and played the Wii together. The kids are both now in bed and are quiet and happy. I pray their dreams are filled with the fun things we did today. I pray their memories are of the happy family we are most of the time.
I just don't want this time to slip away.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Amen, sister. I don't know how you find the energy to do all you do, but you are an encouragement to me! What a great reminder!

    Amy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an awesome mom Karen. Although you can't stop time, you can make memories that will live outside of time forever. And you are doing such a GREAT job of that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment