Woohoo the cable is fixed...

It only took a week but it is now fixed. The cable guy brought a new box yesterday and we got all of our low numbered channels. We still were not getting Noggin or PBS Kids which are pretty much the only channels we watch. So, I called again this morning and they sent the same guy out to my house. He pretty much insisted that because of changing technology and the fact that we shouldn't have been getting those channels all along that we wouldn't get them with our plan. After I asked him if Comcast has some evil plan to just randomly change things so people would have to pay more money he got a sheepish grin on his face and said he couldn't answer that kind of question. I went and dug out a bill and showed him that we had been paying for the digital channels and that yes we should be getting the channels we wanted back. He called in and finally got them back for us. He kept trying to tell me we didn't have a filter but I remember when the guy came out and put the filter on.
For future reference I am not a stupid female that can't handle herself. I know what I am talking about when it comes to the technology in my home. I also pay our bills and know what gets paid and what we are paying for. Please do not treat me like an idiot. Thank you this is the end of my public service announcement!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:46 PM

    And that would be why I don't have cable because they do think their consumers are stupid and they charge to much and your cable was out for a very long time. I hope they give you a credit for how long it was out. Go Grandma Ruth!
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had trouble with Comcast too! We had moved, paid our bills as usual, BUT they didn't link our accounts. Our money was getting posted to the old address, but not the new one! Granted, we should have changed the account number on our bill pay, but the lady told me it should have been linked too. So, I called, and got them to transfer that credit to our new account. Well, instead of CREDITING us for $300, they took away $300 meaning we then owed not $300 but $600!!! They promptly turned off our cable (I felt like a heathen not paying our bills), and it took SEVERAL days to fix the error! There were more problems after that... SERIOUSLY look into Bellsouth. We are doing phone, internet, and TV with Direct for less than what we were doing Comcast and phone. And, SUPER great service - we've not had one second of a problem. I really like them. Just an FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to roar and still maintain your niceness!! i need to take notes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment