Friday, June 29, 2007

APU 10 year reunion

So, I intended to post about our vacation to CA in order but it jut doesn't look like that is going to happen. On Saturday Joe and Roxanna took us to the park where we had a lovely picnic lunch. Little Man rode on the swing which made me smile. The night before we left for Cali I accidentally knocked him off the swing at Angela's house. He was done and wanted nothing else to do with the swing. After the picnic I got ready, ran to CVS to pick up some extra baby wipes, nail polish, and hairspray and headed over to the campus. My friend Tim had asked if I could come early to help set up and of course I said yes. When I got there though everything was already done. I was glad to be early anyway because I got to see people as they came in.

I was initially sitting with Sabrina and her husband but a few more couples came in so I ended up moving to what I like to refer to as "The Peanut Gallery". My friends Eric (of Pushstart Wagon Fame), Moya (Associate Dean of Students at Pitzer), and Laura (Dr. Laura M.D.) all came by them selves so we all sat together. There was another lady at our table that didn't know anyone there and later commented "I definitely picked the right table to sit at tonight!"
It was great to catch up with old friends, see some of their kiddos (mine were with Joe and Roxanna), and relive some of the college memories.

2 funny moments:
1)I won a candy bar for coming the farthest. When asked where I flew in from I told them in my best southern accent.
2) When asked to raise our hands for who submitted pictures for the slide show mine was the only one up. At least I submitted a large variety of pictures. Yes, believe it or not I took a lot of pictures in college just like I do now!

My friend Jackie showed up after the festivities had ended. She had been at a baby shower but managed to make it to see almost everyone. She and I ended up going with Eric, Kathy, Bryan, Marie and her husband to BJ's for drinks and a pazookie. Someday, if you ever go to CA you have to go get a Pazookie. The Cookie Monster at Cheddars is no comparison!

There were a lot of people I was disappointed not to see. No one from the Addisonrd crew showed up. I think only one of my roommates was there. I suppose there is always the 20 year to catch up at...

All in all the reunion seemed to go off without a hitch. I had a great time and hope it won't be 10 years before I see all of these people again!

No comments:

Post a Comment