Where does the time go?

It seems like a minute ago I was on the playground with Munchkin. She was this 15 month old object of every bigger kids attention. They all wanted to play with her and help her do all of the playground "stuff". I turned around and she is now the bigger kid wanting to play with and help the little 15 month old. Sarah wrote several great posts about pouring into your children and how they are a gift from God. I know we raise our children to grow up and leave us but it seems like it happens so fast. There are moments of panic when I don't think I have done enough for my kids. I haven't invested enough time or energy or spiritual education. I think when have I had the time between therapy appointments, church activities, swimming lessons, etc. Then I think about all of the quiet times, reading together, nighttime prayers, morning time when the kids climb in bed with us, comforting in the middle of the night, the craft projects and the time I let them play alone. I think I am just freaking out a little about Munchkin going to Kindergarten in the fall. She is outgoing, loves other kids, seems to be a little sponge for information, and can't wait to go to school. I hope she loves it. But, I hope she always knows home is a refuge, a sanctuary where she can tell us anything and that she always knows that she is loved. I worry about mean kids and pray that she doesn't have to deal with bully's...and that she won't be the bully. She is little but makes up for it in attitude! My little 5 lb 15 oz baby that had so much trouble sleeping through the night is now a confident little girl with an attitude (mostly good). Where does the time go?

Comments

  1. Karen, you are such a great mom. i'm so proud of you!! i love your blog, and your dedication to your sweet children. i wish i could meet them, but i know they are loved and lucky to have you and bobby as parents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment