Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It was a God thing...

Tonight was Girls gone wild...I mean MOPS moms night out for dessert at Chefs Market. When I got there at 6:30 I was the only one there. Granted the Mothers Day Out program at our church had something as well but I was really confused. Who would pass up dessert at Chefs Market? Well, I was talking to a friend on the phone when a girl I recognized from MOPS walked up. I told her I was glad she was there and we were the only 2 there so far. She looked kind of confused and asked what I was there for. When I told her for MOPS she told me she was there with a Moms of Special Needs Kids group.
Like I have talked about in previous posts we have had some testing done the last couple of days. We have gone through TEIS for the last year and a half and our Little Man has Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC - more info here). His speech evaluation was today and Little Man was recommended for speech therapy twice a week. So, I really needed other moms to talk to today and God sent them to me. The girl asked me to come sit with them since none of my group was there yet. I met 20 other moms of kids with special needs who are going through the IEP process or working with TEIS, or have older kids and have been through the process. Plus, the girl sitting across from me also got her Masters Degree from APU! That was a nice surprise since no one here has ever heard of APU much less gone there.

After hanging out with all of those ladies I was able to hang out with several MOPS moms that got there a little bit later. Two different groups of women with different stories. It makes me want to cry thinking about it and the people God placed in my life tonight when I was worried that I was going to eat dessert all alone. Thank you God for providing the things and people I need.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh, that is amazing. i cried this morning reading it. He is incredible, isn't He? I prayed for you this morning and i will continue to.

i loved your last adventure in the doctor's office - you always make me feel so much better. i always feel like i'm the only one with crazy happenings!

PrincessKacey said...

It's such a blessing to see how much the Lord loves each one of us. How he'll orchestrate events that are just for us. More than that though, that he picked you for Ben's mom. I couldn't imagine someone more dedicated and diligent. Blessings Karen:)

Sarah :0) said...

I'm glad you had a good time last night! I'm sorry again that I couldn't go to the movie, we'll have to do it another time.

Jennifer Kristen (Bopp) Cady said...

That is SO amazing! God really placed a path right when he needed to. I am so blessed by this and I am sorry I could not make it..I was sick this time...YUCK