Friday, February 09, 2007

Crud

Over Thanksgiving I had some major crud. According to my very understanding Dr I had a virus. Pretty much she told me to go home and take some Tylenol and I would be fine. By the time we got home from Texas I could not even swallow because my throat hurt so bad. This Dr would not test me for strep or anything. She didn't even look in my throat. Since I had been to the Dr before leaving for Texas I decided to go to the Minute Clinic at CVS to see what they could do. They got me in in a timely fashion, the nurse practitioner did a full work up for strep and mono. She ended up giving me a prescription for lidocane to squirt in my throat. Once that was done my sore throat cleared up within the next 2 days.

The Dr's office has a little notice up in the room that talks about rising costs due to minute clinics and patients not doing what they are supposed to. Well, when I have to wait up to and hour and a half to get in to see the Dr (who has no bedside manner) in a practice that has at least 6 Dr's, to be told you have a cold go take some sudafed, you can bet I am going to go to the Minute Clinic.

All that to say I have some kind of crud again so I will be heading to the Minute Clinic tomorrow when it opens.

2 comments:

  1. You need a new doctor! They are not God and don't allow them to treat you that way. You have to be your own advocate and let them know when they are not treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you feeling today? My kids are getting the CRUD again after getting rid of it. I am waiting for Ashley to wake up as I write to see if we need to head to the DOC. YUCK!!! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete