Sunday, February 18, 2007

9th grade

When I was in 9th grade I wrote the lyrics to "We didn't start the fire" in a history paper. I got an A. There is no point to this except that it was funny then and I still think it is funny now. The reason I thought of it is because I heard that song on the radio tonight on my way home from a baby shower. The thought crossed my mind that I knew those lyrics in 9th grade....are things so different now? Will my kids know about hypodermic needles and AIDS in 9th grade or will it be far earlier? I pray I can protect them as much as possible but know that it will be impossible to shelter them from everything.

1 comment:

  1. OK, when I hear that song now, all I can think of is Dwight singing "Ryan started the fire!" from the office.

    Seriously, you got an "A"? Thus began the steady decline of public schools...:)

    ReplyDelete