Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Heartbreaking

Munchkin turned on the TV this morning to the funeral of President Gerald Ford. Former President George Bush was giving a speech and imitated Saturday Night Live characters imitating them. That was pretty funny. There was a moment not long after that, just a slight break where you could see President Bush almost cry. It makes me mourn for his wife and family and the people who knew him best. President Ford came into office just a month before I was born. My first recollection of a President was Ronald Regan. Even though I can't remember what things were like when he was in office there are people who do. I pray that President Ford is in a better place now.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I believe he was a very devout Christian and is in heaven.
Love ya,
Mom