Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Irrational Fear

So, I have this irrational fear of cranes. No, not the bird, the giant metal monstrosities on construction sites. It is not totally unfounded. When I lived in California there was a woman that was driving in San Francisco with her baby in the car, in a freak accident a crane fell from the top of the building smashing her car and killing both of them. I don't know if it happened around the time I was starting to drive or what but it has bothered me since then.

We have been going to Easter Seals here in Tennessee for a little over a year. They just got bought out by Vanderbilt and it looks like we will be having Little Mans sessions at Vanderbilt Hospital now. This in and of itself is not terrible. It might be a little more difficult in terms of traffic but we will have the same therapist who is fantastic. The problem is that there is a lot of construction in the area and there are several cranes that we have to drive right by. It just freaks me out...all of the giant loads they are moving look like they could fall at any second. Of course, my children think it is the coolest thing ever. Hopefully we can drive down there and I won't pass my neurosis on to my kids.

1 comment: