Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Argh!!

It is always something. We have been trying to get out of debt for the last 3 years and it seems like there is never an end in sight! Something else major always happens when we think we might make a dent. A few months ago I went to our basement and found water pouring onto our breaker box. That only cost us $119. Then something went out on the truck that cost us $700. Last week my garbage disposal stopped working. Last night after we picked a new one up Bobby figured out how to fix the old one! He gets extra points for that since we get to take back the $70 disposal to Home Depot. Of course that gets sucked into my car. Today on the way home from therapy the AC started making a really strange noise and then just stopped working. Yep, my air conditioner went out on one of the hottest days of the year. Happy day. I went straight to the car dealer who told me I can't get until tomorrow, then went to Firestone who also said I can't get in until tomorrow and it will be at least $200 because it sounds like I need a new motor. Did I mention I am taking a really long car trip next week to go to my family reunion? Someday we will get ahead...

3 comments:

  1. oh, i'm so sorry. i hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly sympathize, sometimes I feel there is a jinx on us too..when its good it is all good, but when it is bad...run.for.cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra7:31 AM

    Karen,
    Were in the same boat - just when you think your getting ahead and can start acquiring some savings, something happens where you have to throw away a huge chunk of change. I just recently had to pay a $735 emergency bill ... which I am hoping to be reimbursed for (once the claime get's filed and squared away)!
    So yes, I feel you pain. Best of luck with your travels to MI. That should be fun. I wish I could come (I miss my family back in MI)!
    Bye bye - Sandy

    ReplyDelete