Joy

Suzanne over at JoyfulChaos is doing a series on the Fruit of the Spirit with a small group. This weeks lesson was on joy..what brings us joy and figuring out what busts our joy. I thought I would list those things for me this week.
Things that have brought me joy in the last week:
+ hearing my daughter pray without prompting
+ hearing my son saying all kinds of new words
+ having my husband home from the road
+ trying a new recipe for chocolate chip cake
+ creating a cool scrapbook page
+ reading to my kiddos
+ getting an encouraging email from Sherri

Joybusters-
-bills
-not hearing back from a friend
-feeling like I am in a spiritual rut

At least there are more pluses than minuses. I think I will pick up the book Suzanne is working through with her group to keep up with what they are doing.

She ended with this verse:
My soul, wait in silence for God only. For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation. My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.~Psalm 62:5-8

Comments

  1. It sounds like your on your way to getting out of your spirtual rut. The Psalms are a big help to me when I feel far away from God. I'm sure that's why David wrote the ones he did, because I'm sure he was in a rut sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited that you're joining us! thanks for the link. and i loved reading your joys this week. i'd like to try your choc. chip cake! you're keeping me accountable now to stay the course of blogging our group - it's a good thing - i need the accountability. i hope God will use this lesson for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment