Firefly Ballet

One of the best parts of summer in the south is watching the fireflies dance at dusk. Our kiddos love to chase them. Munchkin is getting really good at catch and release. I am pretty sure she doesn't smash any of the fireflies. Little Man on the other hand....you either hear his hands smack together or see him trying to smash the fireflies followed by maniacal laughter! It is so cute to watch. He is not fast enough yet to actually catch the fireflies which is good for them I suppose. He loves to say "My Bug!!" as he is chasing them around. We went for a walk tonight to the little park by our house. There were fireflies all over the place. It was a beautiful sight to see them dancing over the grass. I hope that Munchkin and Little Man with have memories of summer nights chasing the fireflies!

Comments

  1. I miss seeing those TN fireflies! Don't see them much around here at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment