Mermaids

Today was Munchkins very first swimming lesson. She has been telling me she is going to learn how to swim like a mermaid. I couldn't figure out where she learned about mermaids but then I remembered Little Bear and The Backyardigans both have episodes with mermaids.

She seemed pretty apprehensive before we headed in by the pool but was also excited. There was one other little boy in her class today and they got to take turns going out with the instructor. After the first spin around the pool the instructor had Munchkin dunk her head under the water. I got some pretty good video of it. She did really well but was afraid of not being able to hold her breath without holding her nose. One of the things she is really excited about is being able to go down the water slide.

After the lesson we ran to the locker room to rinse off and change into street clothes. I had a sneaking suspicion that we were in the mens locker room and that was confirmed by the "Men's Locker Room, Please keep this door closed" sign on the door we did not enter through! For next time we need to remember panties so she doesn't have to go commando on the way home and a towel so she doesn't have to use the one that was in the car to clean up chicken broth from supper swap. Yeah, it was the first lesson for all of us! I love to swim and I hope that she will love it too.

Comments