Sunday, April 30, 2006

April Showers

Wow! What a day already and it is only 1:30 in the afternoon! Bobby stayed up with Kelsey again last night. He put her in the crate and she slept pretty well in there. She whined a bit but he did a good job of ignoring her so she will get used to the crate.

This morning I got up with the kids and got them both dressed. We decided that Bobby would stay home from church with our little man and the new puppy. That way we wouldn't have pee accidents and Bobby got the added bonus of getting to see the beginning of the race. I got out the door with plenty of time to get to church for the sermon and to do music for 4 year olds. As I turned out onto our main road I noticed the car pulling to the left. It has been out of alignment before but has always pulled to the right. I also noticed that the car was lower than normal. Yes, I have gained quite a bit of weight over the last few years but not enough to make that car ride like that! So, I pulled over into a parking lot pretty much around the corner from our house (across the street from a church). I called Bobby to let him know and he was headed out to rescue me. He walked with the puppy and our little man.

While pulling the 2 huge bags of pine mulch that I bought last night and the safety spare I noticed a guy get out of his trailblazer and run into the church. A couple of minutes later he came back out to see if he could help. I was having a little bit of trouble with the jack because it was a crank one and I have not used that kind before so I was happy to let him help. I called Bobby to let him know that I had help but he left his cell at home and didn't get the message. Just after the guy went back into church Bobby came down the street with Kelsey and little man*. Everyone loaded into the car and we went back home. Bobby moved Munchkins* car seat to the truck and she I took off again for church with the tire in the back to drop off at Firestone on the way.

After Firestone we thought all was smooth sailing. We got on the bypass, started up a hill and the speed started to drop. Then the truck started to shimmy. I called Bobby to see what was going on and he remembered that that had happened several other times but hadn't been too worried about it. We finally made it to church in one piece, to late for the worship service but just in time to get really really rained on.

On the way home we stopped at Quiznos to get lunch for everyone. (All orders were right! yeah!) As we got close to home we had another hill to climb in the truck and it once again started to lose speed. We actually at one point had to completely stop and let the truck rest a second before going the rest of the way home. We got home to Bobby cleaning up a puppy diarrhea trail and little man filling the puppy's water dish with food. Like I said it is only 1:30 what else can possibly happen today? (Like I really want to ask!)

*Our little girl with now be known as muchkin and our son will be known as little man

No comments:

Post a Comment