Beth Moore

Since I found out about Beth Moore several years ago I have always had great respect for her as a teacher and a leader. I actually had the privilege of being a moderator for the online version of Believing God and learned a ton from it. Of course there has always been this nagging thought in the back of my mind that she is the poster girl for the Southern Baptist convention. This is not bad as I go to a Southern Baptist church that I love. But, many times I am concerned that people will not look outside their denominational lines to see what other Christians have to offer.

My mother-in-law gave me the book Feathers From My Nest awhile back and I just had not gotten around to reading it yet. One point Beth Moore makes is that she does not look at only her denomination. She makes the point that she is raising her daughters in a denominational church but does not want to raise denominational daughters. What a beautiful thought that is. What if we as Christians could read the whole Word of God and stop fighting. What if we went to church to supplement what we are learning through reading and studying Gods Word on our own? We would be living our lives in a Christlike manner.

Anyway, I am only half way through the book and it is making me laugh and cry and really think. If you get a chance pick it up.

Comments