Friday, November 18, 2005

Feeling inadequate

I love the holidays at the end of the year. There are so many of them bunched up close together it is like one long party. But, they totally stress me out! We are going to Texas on Monday to see my hubbys brother, sister in law and their 6 kids, his other brother and wife and his mom and dad. We are all staying in the same house together as well. It is pretty fun and everyone is pretty laid back but I always come home feeling extremely inadequate.

I never seem to be able to get my house terribly clean and sis in laws is spotless. I don't seem to find the time to make a menu and stick to it, sis in law cooks homemade meals every night. We have 2 kids they have 6. I have been trying to do Flylady to keep my house up but then one of the kids gets sick, we go out of town, company comes in and everything is disrupted. I guess I should be glad my house looks "lived in" but it always feels like chaos.

I am just sitting here thinking about what I can do to feel more adequate at my "job" of being a stay at home mom and wife. I love being home with my kids but we really are never home.

Since we are so close to New Years I will make a list of things I would like to accomplish in 2006.
Keep my house orderly and clean so we are not living in chaos.
Make a monthly menu and stick to it.
Lose some weight (ok a lot of weight).
Play outside more with my kids.

This just made me think of 43 things a website where you can list some of the things you would like to do in your lifetime or a set amount of time. Go there and make a list!


Hopefully some of these things will make me feel a little bit better when the holidays roll around.

1 comment:

Sherri Lavender said...

I'm not sure how they do it and if I had more than one child and didn't live with 3-4 other adults, I'm not sure how I would do it either! :o)

You do seem like a pretty busy person... I do remember you blogging about just Sunday alone!!

But, it's good to set goals for yourself though. I'm trying that myself these days. We'll see how it goes! You can do it!!