I love real people!

I had the opportunity to go to a womens event on Saturday in Lexington, KY called Daybreak. This event was put on by Lifeway and our good friend Denver Bierman was asked to lead worship. Denver asked Bobby if he could play too and offered to let me and Munchkin and Little man come as well.
It has been awhile since I have been to an event like this and thought it would be fun. The speakers for the event were Priscilla Shirer and Angela Thomas . One of the runners led Bobby, Denver, me and the kids down to where lunch was being served and Priscilla and Angela were both already there eating their lunches. I am not sure what I expected, that I would be ignored or thought less off, but both of these women were wonderful. I knew I should have expected better as both are Godly women. The best part was how real they were. We talked about family, kids, and mowing the lawn. Also, about a cute little boutique I am going to have to find in Knoxville!
I was able to hear Priscilla speak from the nursery while Little Man was taking his nap but missed Angela. The next time I get a chance though I hope to hear her. Munchkin was too rambunctious so we had to take off and do something else for awhile, otherwise I am sure she would have been on the stage trying to steal the scene! If you get a chance to hear either of these women speak at an event take advantage of it!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a very cool event - isn't it great to get in on events like that for free?!?!?! It's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment