Sunday, June 26, 2005

Journaling and my Grandma

I have never been good at keeping a journal. I don't know why. I have tried on and off through the years but end up not keeping up with it. I realize it is important...Maybe for future generations to go back and read about you.

My first experience with a journal was a little yellow diary. I don't know who gave it to me but I think I got it for a birthday. It had a little key to keep all of my secrets...What kind of secrets I had back then I don't know. I just remember my Great Grandma Andrews telling me how important it was to keep a journal everyday even if it only said "today was a good day" There were days when I felt guilty for not writing in that little yellow book and went back and wrote "Today was a good day" in a months worth of pages. So, if I have it somewhere my kids can read about how everyday was a good day.

In retrospect I think my Grandma must have thought it was important because she couldn't read. Maybe she wanted us to be writing because she couldn't and wanted us to use the education we had. She was an amazing Christian woman.

Hopefully I can use this blog as a way to journal and not just forget about it after a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment